“MYC has helped my children and countless others to grow in confidence, express themselves through song, and find the music and poetry in their lives.”
– Mary K., MYC alumni parent
Sponsor a Concert
Sponsor a Concert
Sponsoring an MYC concert or program can be a fantastic way for individuals, businesses and organizations to invest in high-quality youth arts education while reaching a large, family-oriented audience. All sponsors receive recognition in our concert programs and e-newsletter, as well as additional opportunities for acknowledgement and collaboration.
View the concert sponsorship opportunities below. Contact Nicole Sparacino, Development Director, for information about supporting a specific concert or program.
Sponsorship Opportunities & Impact
- Spring Concert
Your support of MYC’s season-closing concert will help us cover:
- Facility rental at the Overture Center, giving our singers an opportunity to perform on a world-class stage
- Music licensing fees
- Printing and promotional materials
- Ticket underwriting, ensuring that access to the concert series remains affordable for all families
- Intergenerational Choir
Celebrating the power of creative expression at every age, this celebrated performing ensemble of MYC singers, alumni, and Capitol Lakes residents blends the voices of singers ages 15 to 95. Sponsorship support provides:
- Outstanding choral instruction employing techniques to empower the senior voice
- Challenging classical and contemporary musical literature
- Complimentary tickets to MYC concerts for Capitol Lakes residents
- A national model for collaboration between artists of different generations
- School and Community Choral Program
This popular and growing outreach program provides a diverse group of students at two Madison public schools and three community centers with the opportunity to sing in a choir for the first time. Rehearsals are held directly in students’ music classrooms or community centers in their neighborhoods, making the program extremely accessible for many students who have been traditionally underserved in the arts. Sponsorship support provides:
- Teaching materials, scores, and supplies
- Choir t-shirts for every student, bolstering pride among choir members
- Buses for the choirs’ concert tours to the State Capitol and local retirement communities
Program Book Advertising
Ad placement with MYC solidifies your identity as a dedicated supporter of the arts and specifically of music education in our community. Our concert patrons are enthusiastic, loyal consumers of family-oriented excellence. MYC provides a comprehensive music education, meaningful performance opportunities, and social and personal skill development to any student desiring a place to grow through music. The benefits are many—thank you for your support!
For more information about program book advertising, contact Lynn Hembel.
2021-22 Program Book Advertising
- Dec 12, 2021 / artwork due: Nov 23, 2021
- May 14/15, 2022 / artwork due: Apr 15, 2022
|Quarter Page||$300||2.5"w x 3.75"h|
|Half Page||$400||4.75"w x 3.75"h|
|Full Page||$600||5"w x 8"h|
|Full Page - Inside Cover||$700||5.5"w x 8.5"h, add .125" bleed|
|Full Page - Back Cover||$750||5.5"w x 8.5"h, add .125" bleed|
Leave a Legacy
Madison Youth Choirs Legacy Society
Honoring MYC supporters who have made a planned gift
In July 2003, Madison Youth Choirs (MYC) was created through the merger of the Madison Boychoir and Madison Children’s Choir, combining nearly 50 years of service to young people in our community. Since 2003, participation in MYC’s choral programs has more than doubled, and a growing scholarship fund has ensured that every child, regardless of financial ability, has the opportunity to add his or her voice to the choir.
With a rich, historic past and a bright, expanding future, Madison Youth Choirs is thrilled to offer a new opportunity for our supporters to help assure the sustainability of the choirs for years to come. Anyone who chooses to make MYC the beneficiary of a planned gift, regardless of the amount, is eligible to be an honored member of the Madison Youth Choirs Legacy Society.
A planned gift can take many forms and may enable you to:
- Find a way to give more than you ever thought possible
- Enhance your income by making a gift that gives back
- Ease your income, gift, and estate tax burden
- Honor a loved one through a named endowment that will permanently support a program
For assistance with planning a legacy gift to MYC, contact Nicole Sparacino, Development Director.
Designating a Planned Gift
A gift may be given without restrictions or specified for a particular purpose or program that you find compelling. A planned gift can also provide you with the opportunity to establish an enduring legacy and partnership with MYC that will recognize your special support of the choirs. If you are already prepared to speak with your financial advisor or attorney about making a planned gift to MYC, please feel free to use the following sample language (PDF) to help you get started.
- The most popular of all planned giving options, a bequest is a written statement in a donor’s will directing that a specific amount or a percentage of an estate will be donated to a charity
- Through a bequest, you will be able to support MYC with a gift that costs you nothing now, but will create amazing music opportunities for years to come
- A bequest to Madison Youth Choirs is fully deductible for federal estate tax purposes
Giving Appreciated Assets
- Giving appreciated property such as stocks, insurance policies, and real estate is often more beneficial to a donor than giving the equivalent amount in cash.
- Some assets can benefit you more if you give them away
- Some gifts cost nothing now, but leave a legacy later
- Some gifts allow you to pass more on to your heirs, while relieving a potential tax burden
- The tax savings when naming a charity as the beneficiary of a retirement plan rather than a non-charity can be as much as 75 cents on the dollar
Talk with your financial advisor or attorney about what makes sense for your particular situation.
Or contact us. We’d love to start a conversation about a possible partnership as we enter our second decade of providing thoughtful and innovative music education to students from throughout Dane County and beyond.
Support MYC when you shop online
Thank you for clicking here to shop through Amazon.com and having part of your purchase donated to MYC.