“MYC has helped my children and countless others to grow in confidence, express themselves through song, and find the music and poetry in their lives.”
– Mary K., MYC alumni parent
Interested in supporting the new Madison Youth Arts Center in addition to MYC? We’re so pleased. Instead of using the button above, please contact us here.
Madison Youth Choirs touches the lives of over 29,000 people annually in our community through a wide variety of meaningful, accessible music education experiences. Because tuition only covers a small percentage of MYC’s expenses, we rely on the generosity of individual donors, business supporters, foundations, and grants to continue providing our singers with outstanding music education and performance opportunities.
Our Champions: MYC’s Friends and Donors
Madison Youth Choirs is exceedingly grateful to the foundations, businesses and individuals who participate in our mission by making a financial contribution.
Thank you for your generous support of youth music education in our community!
This list reflects donations and pledges to our annual campaign received between July 1, 2022 and
March 7, 2023. We regret any errors or omissions–please contact the MYC office with your
The Impact of Your Gift
- $50 supports the cost of music for one choir for one semester
- $100 allows ten concert tickets to be set aside for our scholarship students’ families, ensuring that all of our singers have a cheering section
- $300 provides safe and reliable transportation to rehearsals for one semester for a student in need of assistance
- $500 sponsors a full need-based scholarship for a singer in Purcell or Choraliers.
- $1,000 covers the cost of t-shirts, tour transportation and supplies for the School and Community Choral Program, offering choral enrichment opportunities during recess at a Madison public school, for one semester.
Donor Bill of Rights
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Our Financial Information
Madison Youth Choirs is proud to have received the honor of Gold Status through GuideStar, a national organization which provides comprehensive information on non-profits to a broad public audience. This distinction is granted to only 0.5% of the 1.8 million non-profits represented on GuideStar and recognizes MYC’s strong commitment to transparency and accountability.
You can find our listing, which includes links to past 990 forms, on Guidestar.org
WAYS TO GIVE
There are many ways to show your support for MYC.
Sponsor a Concert
Sponsor a Concert
Sponsoring an MYC concert or program can be a fantastic way for individuals, businesses and organizations to invest in high-quality youth arts education while reaching a large, family-oriented audience. All sponsors receive recognition in our concert programs and e-newsletter, as well as additional opportunities for acknowledgement and collaboration.
View the concert sponsorship opportunities below. Contact Nicole Sparacino, Development Director, for information about supporting a specific concert or program.
Sponsorship Opportunities & Impact
- Spring Concert
Your support of MYC’s season-closing concert will help us cover:
- Facility rental at the Overture Center, giving our singers an opportunity to perform on a world-class stage
- Music licensing fees
- Printing and promotional materials
- Ticket underwriting, ensuring that access to the concert series remains affordable for all families
- Intergenerational Choir
Celebrating the power of creative expression at every age, this celebrated performing ensemble of MYC singers, alumni, and Capitol Lakes residents blends the voices of singers ages 15 to 95. Sponsorship support provides:
- Outstanding choral instruction employing techniques to empower the senior voice
- Challenging classical and contemporary musical literature
- Complimentary tickets to MYC concerts for Capitol Lakes residents
- A national model for collaboration between artists of different generations
- School and Community Choral Program
This popular and growing outreach program provides a diverse group of students at two Madison public schools and three community centers with the opportunity to sing in a choir for the first time. Rehearsals are held directly in students’ music classrooms or community centers in their neighborhoods, making the program extremely accessible for many students who have been traditionally underserved in the arts. Sponsorship support provides:
- Teaching materials, scores, and supplies
- Choir t-shirts for every student, bolstering pride among choir members
- Buses for the choirs’ concert tours to the State Capitol and local retirement communities
Program Book Advertising
Ad placement with MYC solidifies your identity as a dedicated supporter of the arts and specifically of music education in our community. Our concert patrons are enthusiastic, loyal consumers of family-oriented excellence. MYC provides a comprehensive music education, meaningful performance opportunities, and social and personal skill development to any student desiring a place to grow through music. The benefits are many—thank you for your support!
For more information about program book advertising, contact Lynn Hembel.
2022-23 Program Book Advertising
- Dec 10/11, 2022 / artwork due: Nov 18, 2022
- May 13/14, 2023 / artwork due: Apr 14, 2023
|Quarter Page||$300||2.5"w x 3.75"h|
|Half Page||$400||4.75"w x 3.75"h|
|Full Page||$600||5"w x 8"h|
|Full Page - Inside Cover||$700||5.5"w x 8.5"h, add .125" bleed|
|Full Page - Back Cover||$750||5.5"w x 8.5"h, add .125" bleed|
Leave a Legacy
Madison Youth Choirs Legacy Society
The MYC Legacy Society recognizes individuals who choose to make MYC the beneficiary of a planned gift, regardless of the amount. This year, as part of our 20th Anniversary Celebration Season, and thanks to our generous friend, Diane Ballweg, each new member added to our Legacy Society will result in a $10K donation to MYC, up to a maximum of $200K, or 20 new members. FIND OUT MORE HERE